Sunday, December 18, 2011

Here we go!!!

We started our adoption process in May.  At that time, we said we would never have our own blog.  Not that we were against blogs, but we just didn't see ourselves doing one.  Now, 7 months later, we find that we have so many people wondering what is going on with the process and so many things we want to share that it just seemed right to get one started.  As we post this, you will see different styles as both Tony and Michelle will be writing updates.  We feel rather humbled by the whole process.  I mean, who would really be interested in following our lives on-line.  For those of you interested, we are extremely grateful to you for supporting us in prayer and for being involved in our process.  So, with all those disclaimers and thoughts and everything....here we go.

There are so many things we are thinking of that we want to share.  It would be easy to get way ahead of ourselves and share with you some of the most recent developments, but then you would miss out on the fullness of the entire journey.  So we will do our best to go back, retrace our steps, and bring you up to speed from the beginning.

Hopefully we will be able to share with you some of our concerns and experiences that will help you throughout your own journey just as other blogs were helpful to us.  Maybe you'll find your situations to be similar to ours and maybe you'll be able to gain some insight.  (or maybe you'll just get a nice laugh at our expense, which is pefectly fine as well.) 

The idea of adoption has been in and out of our minds for several years.  Ok, let me clarify that.  It has been IN Michelle's mind....period.  It has been both in AND out of my mind.  You see, when it comes to major family decisions I find that I am not unlike most of you men out there.  Sure, I saw the need for these orphan children.  Yes, I knew they needed assistance and I even felt a desire to be able to do something ourselves in the process.  But I would do the "man thing" when trying to figure out how it would work.  I would lie in bed at night and crunch numbers.  I would even wake up in the middle of the night and have these numbers going through my head.  I just couldn't figure out how to make it work.  I would often go to bed with tears because I had this great desire to do something for these children but I just didn't think we were able.  As you may or may not know, the process of international adoption can be rather expensive.  That is all relevant, of course, but our family we would consider it expensive.  No matter how I tried to manipulate the numbers I just couldn't seem to make them work.  And that is where the problem existed.  "I" was trying to make the numbers "work".   One morning I awoke with a different outlook.  I realized that it had not been a financial issue I was struggling with, but rather a faith issue.  And so with that, I was able to give my concerns to God and turn it over to Him.  I didn't know where the finances would come from (and I still don't) but I allowed myself to trust God and to wait and see how it would all work out.  So that's how we got started.  We invite you to join us on this journey of faith.

Until next time,
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment